Tuesday, August 3, 2010

ET The Butterfly

This little butterfly got stuck in the window of the deck on the weekend. I caught him in a bucket and left him on the railing to fly away, but he was a bit stunned by the whole process and stayed there for about an hour gathering his wits.

Shoving the camera in his face to take this photo probably didn't help matters, but I couldn't get over how much he looked like ET - so I thought I better capture and share the likeness.

Butterfly

What do you think? Uncanny? Time to phone home, little butterfly.

3 comments:

  1. Cool close up shot! What sort of a camera are you using?

    Poppy xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Poppy! I use a 400D, and this was taken with a Tamron 17-50mm. Completely inappropriate lens for this sort of photo, but I didn't really have time to swap them over before he flew away...

    ReplyDelete

☟ Leave me some love here ☟

LinkWithin