Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Steps

I'm a little excited today. It's my last day of work for nearly a fortnight and I'm really looking forward to some extra quality time at home.

Weeknight vignette.
Weeknight vignette

We're moving full-steam ahead now to get our home on the market. It's exciting and a little overwhelming. With the exception of the 10 months we rented up at Sandgate, we've lived in this house for seven years -- since I was 23 years old.
In that time, it's transitioned from a shabby party house with rooms we rented out to friends to a comfortable, familiar family home.

We could stay here longer and be perfectly comfortable, and there's a part of me that thinks maybe we should just do that. It's always easier to maintain the status quo, after all. To just keep doing what we've been doing for years as more years run past us at an ever-quickening pace.

And yet... somehow, the time feels right to make a change of lifestyle. If we can possibly, humanly pull it off.

We've got a little storage unit rented up the road to move all our excess stuff into now. Dan is working days and nights under spotlight to get the exterior painted before he starts his new job on Monday.

 A quick tidy up, a For Sale sign and ideally, a quick offer.

A few more steps up the mountain.


3 comments:

  1. Good luck selling it looks cute from this side...how exciting to start an adventure......and to answer your question, I live in Alaska.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, thanks for commenting on my blog today...all these rooms are just to die for. You ca see I love a bit of clutter! Hahaha. I am originally from Brisbane, and when we would escape from our strict catholic city school, we get on the train and go to sandgate, sit on the beach and smoke cigarettes. What a hoot!! Good luck with selling your house! Have you entered my retro giveaway? I'm no following your adventures. Also have fun styling Lucinda's room

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must be heart-wrenching - mixed emotions - moving house, expecially one that has seen so much growth and change in you and your family. i would be like you - hurrah for status quo! but it needs to be changed sometimes. good luck with the process.
    sorry i've been late with my replies - september has seen lots of ups and downs here, plus i can only view your pics at home (youre webwahsd at work - nto entirely an honour!). so i have lots of catchign up to do.

    ReplyDelete

☟ Leave me some love here ☟

LinkWithin